Oct 10, 2009

Good Trade


When I was a kid I use to trade stuff with the other kids in the neighborhood all the time. But our parents would never let us trade for big stuff. Bicycles? Are you kidding me. NO way! "You bring that back to so-&-so's house and get yours back. NOW!"


So when these two conspirators came up with a plan to trade dirt bikes, I was a little hesitant. I had after all, just sunk 700 dollars into repairs like twenty minutes before coming to Maine. Jake has a Yamaha 250, 4 stroke and Danny, a Honda 125, 2 stroke, two years newer. Jake's Uncle Ron told me he didn't know anything about the history of the bike. Jake had sent a text to his Dad and he seemed OK with it.


No cash, No concessions, Straight up, old school trade. Mine for yours. Right now.
They did at least switch up rides for a day to be sure they both liked what they were getting. That's a big deal right! Ya want then to act like Men... treat 'em that way.
It's there deal to make.
But... Here I go buttin' in with one stipulation. (Damn parents) The deal was reversible for a week, no questions. Jakes Dad hadn't even seen the Honda yet.

This 250



For this 125




Now a "Good Trade" means it's to the
mutual satisfaction of both parties.
Keep your poker face for the negotiations...
but someone always walks away with the bigger grin.


No comments: